Search This Blog

Monday, November 8, 2010

My husband abandoned me – Woman tells court.

A 43-year-old teacher, Olayemi Amechi, on Monday urged a Shomolu Grade “A” Customary Court to dissolve her 18-year-old marriage over alleged neglect by the husband.

My husband did not just abandon his family but also neglected me as he had married another wife, with whom he has two sons, without my consent”, said Olayemi.

Olayemi said her husband, Ikechukwu Amechi, suddenly disappeared from the matrimonial home and rebuffed all efforts for reconciliation.

She pleaded with the court to order Amechi to pay her N20,000 monthly for her daughter’s school fees and N30, 000 monthly allowance for upkeep.

But Amechi, who claimed that he was presently jobless, said he still loved his wife.

Court President, Modupe Bajulaiye, said all efforts by the court to reconcile the estranged couple had yielded no fruitful result and adjourned the case till Nov 24 for further hearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment