Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The seven-man robbery suspects being paraded by the police



We’ve Snatched 18 Vehicles, 7-Man Gang Confesses.


A seven-man armed robbery gang was recently arrested by the Lagos State Special Anti-robbery Squad, SARS, in Ikorodu, Lagos State, southwest Nigeria.
The suspects were alleged to have snatched 18 vehicles in five months including a black Lexus SUV with registration RF836AAA and a Mitsubishi Gallant car with registration AX894FST in Meiran, Ogun State.
It was revealed that the suspects drove the vehicles to Ijede near Ikorodu where the car broke down before a patrol team from Ijede Police Division met and arrested them.
One of the suspects said he lives in a neighbouring state and only comes to Lagos for robbery.
“I’m from Oyo State and I do not stay here in Lagos, I live in Ibadan where I work as a taxi driver. I was arrested in Ijede because I snatched a car. I have been in the business for five months now and I have snatched 18 cars, most of which are Toyota Camry cars. It’s unfortunate that I was caught after snatching the Lexus SUV and Mitsubishi Gallant car.”
He said the stolen cars were sold for about N130,000. “After selling the cars we share the money equally. The last we shared was N25,000 each,” he said.
Another suspect, who said he also resides in Ibadan explained how they robbed people of their cars. “We snatched vehicles when a car is coming out of a compound. I will just walk inside and point a gun at the occupants of the car. After they surrender and come down, we will drive the car away,” he explained.
One of the other suspects said he is from Ogun State but admits to be a member of the gang that stole the Lexus SUV and Mitsubishi Gallant car.
The other three suspects who claimed to be from Akwa-Ibom, Ogun and Oyo states did not tell a much different story from that of their colleagues.

No comments:

Post a Comment