Search This Blog

Sunday, December 25, 2011

NDLEA Boss, Ahmadu Giade



South African arrested for drugs at MMIA

A South African lady of the Zulu tribe has been arrested by the officials of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Lagos.

The suspect, Nene Fikile Happy-Girl, 38, was to board an Emirates flight to Malaysia when she was arrested.

She reportedly gave herself out when she suddenly held her stomach in pains at the departure hall.

According to the Airport Commander, Hamza Umar, the suspect was taken for a scan and she tested positive for drug ingestion.

“She was to go through screening when suddenly she held her stomach and beckoned on security officials demanding to see a doctor. Immediately, she was taken for scan and confirmed positive for narcotic ingestion,” the commander stated.

While she was under observation, she reportedly excreted 55 wraps of substances that tested positive for methamphetamine weighing 700 grammes.

NDLEA’s Head, Public Affairs, Mitchell Ofoyeju, said, “Preliminary investigation showed that she travelled to Malaysia from South Africa. It was in Malaysia that she was recruited to smuggle drugs from Benin Republic. She ingested the drugs in Cotonou, Benin Republic.”

In her confessional statement, the single mother said she wanted to make life better for her 19-year-old daughter.

She said, “I am a single mother and I trade to take care of myself and my daughter. I visited my friend in Malaysia and it was there I was convinced into going to Cotonou to collect the drugs. They gave me the drugs in my hotel room and I forced myself to ingest the wraps.”

It was gathered that the original plan was for the suspect to use the airport at Benin Republic but she was diverted to Lagos.

“I was asked to go through Lagos. My desire to give my only child the best education made me to engage in drug trafficking. This is my first time and I was scared of death. I reported myself when I was feeling acute pain in my stomach,” Nene stated.

No comments:

Post a Comment