Search This Blog

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Court dissolves marriage over husband’s alleged lack of affection.

An Ikorodu Grade A Customary Court in Lagos, has dissolved a six-year-old marriage over alleged lack of affection by the husband.

Mutiat Lawal, a petty trader, had filed for the dissolution of the marriage on June 9, alleging that her estranged husband, Saka Lawal, no longer cared for her.

Mutiat said Lawal had not been taking care of her and the three children of the marriage, aged 6 years, 5 years and 2 years.

The petitioner said the lack of affection demonstrated by her husband forced her to seek love outside.

According to her,My husband divorced his wife who bore him five children, I trained the children, including the three I have for him, but in spite of my efforts he refused to empower me.

She said I married another man on July 27 and he gives me attention but He has three children who I am caring for together with my children.

Lawal an operator in a textile company, consented to the dissolution of the marriage.

The court president, Remi Adesanya, said it appeared that the marriage had broken down irretrievably and was, therefore, dissolving it.

Adesanya dissolved the marriage and admonished the separated couple to keep the peace.

She ordered the respondent to pay his former wife N6,000 every month for the upkeep of the children, noting that he willingly granted the custody of the three children to Mutiat.

The court president,said the money does not include the education and medical expenses.

No comments:

Post a Comment