Search This Blog

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Wife urges court to dissolve marriage over husband’s fetish practice.

A petty trader, Mrs Kafilat Lasisi, on Thursday, urged an Ikorodu Grade `A’ Customary Court in Lagos to dissolve her marriage because of her husband’s involvement in fetish practice.

The 32-year-old trader told the court that her husband, Dauda Lasisi, frequently threatened her life with juju (charms) whenever they had a misunderstanding.

Also in her testimony, Kafilat alleged that her husband once attempted to use their first child for money-making rituals but was unsuccessful.

“My husband made an attempt to use our first child for money ritual but it was not successful. I am afraid to continue living with such a heartless man.

“I have been responsible for the upkeep of the two children of the family aged 10 and seven. I rented the house that I and my husband are living in because he is not responsible.

“I am pleading with the court to dissolve our marriage because my husband told me that he must be rich before his 40th birthday,” she said.

The petitioner also tendered as exhibit, the book that her husband wrote the incantations and instruction for the money-making rituals.

Kafilat pleaded with the court to dissolve the marriage between them saying that she was no longer interested in the marriage.

The respondent, a 35-year-old cobbler, was, however, absent in court.

The President of the court,Remi Adesanya said that even though Lasisi was served hearing notices he had not made an appearance neither did he send representation.

Adesanya said this showed that the respondent was not interested in the case.

She adjourned the case till Sep. 1 for judgment.

No comments:

Post a Comment