Search This Blog

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Woman, 33, urges dissolution of her 14-year-old marriage

After 14 years of marriage, a 33-year-old nurse on Thursday urged an Ikorodu Grade `A’ Customary Court to sever the relationship on the grounds of abandonment.

The petitioner, Oluwatoyin Abayomi, told the court that her husband, Mr Otegbola Abayomi, 35, a timber contractor in Ikorodu, had neglected his family.

I love my husband to the extent that I gave him money three times to rent a house to enable us to move out of his family house.

He absconded on March 29 after collecting the money, abandoning myself and our three children to suffer. I want the marriage to be dissolved,’’ she submitted.

Oluwatoyin appealed to the court to compel her husband to be responsible for the upkeep of the children of between ages 17 months and 13 years.

He is too arrogant … all efforts by both families to save the marriage have proved abortive.

Since he moved out of the matrimonial home, I have not set my eyes on him. He should be warned not to continue to threaten me on phone,” she said.

The President of the court,Remi Adesanya, adjourned the case till Aug. 30 to enable the respondent to appear in court.

No comments:

Post a Comment