Search This Blog

Thursday, December 16, 2010

I never met my father-in-law 20 years after marriage – Wife

My husband of 20 years has refused to take me to his father and our four children are anxious to meet their grandfather.

“I am a native of Ilaro in Ogun while my husband is from Kwara. I only visited his mother’s village once,” 41-year-old teacher, Mrs Bola Lawal, said in her divorce application.

She said that her husband, Mr Atanda Lawal, prevented her from meeting his father and pleaded with the Mushin Grade “A” Customary Court to dissolve the 20-year-old marriage.

“My husband has not been responsible for the upkeep of the children since we married. He is a freelance photographer and each time I advised him to get an additional job, he quarrels with me,’’ Bola said.

She told the court that her husband also disrespected her parents.

The Court President, Abayomi Ipaye, blamed the petitioner for not visiting her in-laws for the more than 20-years they had co-habited.

Ipaye ordered the court registrar to invite the husband to appear on Jan. 4, 2011, the next hearing date.

No comments:

Post a Comment