Search This Blog

Monday, December 13, 2010

Man wants dissolution of marriage over in-laws’ bad attitude.

My wife packed out of the matrimonial home since Oct. 5 after she came home at 10 p.m. and I told her to go back to where she was coming from.

Since that day, my wife went to stay with her relations and none of them volunteered to reconcile us,’’ said a husband who wanted his marriage dissolved over the alleged bad attitude of his in-laws.

Yusuf Hassan, 48, a printer, had on Monday dragged his wife, Olusola, before a Shomolu Grade “A” Customary Court, seeking the dissolution of the 19-year-old marriage.

It is good to marry a bad wife but it is not good to have bad in-laws. My in-laws neglected me because I don’t have money.

I love my wife so much and I will continue to love her but I want the dissolution of the marriage so that my in-laws can marry their daughter,’’ Hassan said angrily.

However, the respondent, Olushola, told the court that she would reconcile with her husband if he settled the difference between him and her family.

I am a hair dresser but my husband convinced me and our five children aged 17, 15, 13, nine and eight to work for him in his printing business.

He never paid me talk less of caring for the children but instead he married another woman in Ijebu-Ode, Ogun, who has two children for him,’’ she said.

The elder brother to the respondent, Adewole Awokolujo, told the court that the petitioner often beat his sister over what he called ``little misunderstanding.

Hassan is a threat to our family. He is too arrogant. We tried to reconcile them but he has refused,’’ he said.

The Court President, Modupe Bajulaiye, chided the petitioner for finding it difficult to forgive his in-laws and reconciling with his wife.

Bajulaiye, however, told the estrange couple and their relations present in court to see the judges after the court sitting for possible reconciliation.

She adjourned the case till Jan. 17, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment