Search This Blog

Monday, December 6, 2010

My husband used and dumped me, says estranged wife.

My husband used and dumped me,said Iyabode Tanimowo, a caterer, as she consented on Monday in Lagos to the dissolution of her 14-year old marriage.


My husband had a child from another woman, he denied having that child and yet he wants to terminate our relationship,’’ she told the court.

In resigning to fate, Iyabode, 44, who consented to the dissolution, pleaded with the court to compel her husband to compensate her by paying her four years house rent.

Olusoji Tanimowo, 49, had on Oct. 21, taken Iyabode to the Mushin Grade ``A’’ Customary Court in Lagos seeking the dissolution of their marriage on grounds of childlessness.

Apart from being barren, my wife is too aggressive as she rains abuses on me whenever we have a misunderstanding.

I have realised that Iyabode and I are not compatible as there is no constant interaction between us, he said.

Tanimowo’s prayers were answered on Monday as the Court President, Dr Abayomi Ipaye, dissolved the marriage and ordered the petitioner to pay his wife N48,000 compensation.

This is a consent judgment as the respondent consented to the dissolution of their marriage. In line with the consent, the marriage is hereby dissolved.

The two parties are free to go their separate ways. Unfortunately, the marriage is not blessed with any issue,” Ipaye said.

He, however, ordered Tanimowo to pay his estranged wife a year’s rent of N48,000 as compensation instead of the four years’ rent she demanded.

Tanimowo, a civil servant, told the court that he had already paid the N48,000 to the court to facilitate his prayers as there was no more love between him and Iyabode.

No comments:

Post a Comment